14 in ’14!
(14 people in Peru in 2014)
2014 is going to be your best year ever. In fact, here is why you can have the best year ever next year: Cusco, Peru 2014! I just returned from a meeting with Nancy Potts, who works at E3 Partners and found out some exciting news for our next mission trip. Here are 5 reasons you should commit to going on this mission trip with us:
1. Life Changing Experience. In 2014, I plan taking my soon to be 11 year old son on this trip! It will be life changing for him! He will see another side of life. He will see people with a joy in their heart that doesn’t revolve around an Xbox. He will see how much you can impact people’s lives when you serve them and don’t expect anything in return. He will share his faith with a hundred people.
2. Sports Reach. This year we are looking to do some sports camps as well as the I Am Second Bible study groups. This will be such a fun experience! I am excited about this!
3. Eye glass clinics. One of the most exciting parts of the previous trip was being able to give free eye glasses to the poorer people in Cusco- especially the Ketua people from the mountains. There aren’t many experiences like seeing someone regain their sight. It is life changing for them and opens their heart to the Gospel. The eye glass team led HUNDREDS of people to Jesus. It was awesome.
4. Machu Picchu. You could visit one of the 7 wonders of the world in 2014. On the final day of our trip, we will go to see this incredible place. I can’t begin to describe how incredible this place is. This will truly be a unique experience for you!
5. LEADING PEOPLE TO JESUS! The bottom line is this- at the end of my life, only a few things will matter. What did I do with Jesus and who did I tell about Him. It is an eternal decision. This year, I was a part of a team that led over 400 people to an eternal relationship with Jesus. We started 8 new churches that are still functioning and growing today. There is nothing that you will do next year that will come close to that experience.
Expected dates: July 11-19 (only 5 workdays or weekdays missed)
Expected costs: around $3000. We will raise funds like crazy. Last year we were able to get the cost to $1500 and EVERYONE was able to raise the necessary funds.
What is the age limit? This trip is kid friendly. All of our efforts will include reaching people who have kids, so you’ll be able to take them with you on the mission field. I am taking my 11 year old son.
Do I have to be a member of Connection Point? No. We would love for you to join us and be a part of this trip. We partner with E3 and in the past have partnered with other churches on these trips. Our goal is to fill this trip with friends and family of Connection Point Church, but anyone who wants to be a part of this is welcome to come!
We will host an informational meeting in early January. Stay tuned!