– In verse 3, Jesus’ brothers assume that he is just out for fame!
– Jesus was a taboo topic. Even while he lived, people were uncomfortable to talk about him.
– The religious people are simply people who do not truly believe. They fit God into their expectations. They fit God into their comfort. It is plain that Jesus isn’t worried about our comfort..
– Application question: Am I living as if I truly believe in Jesus? Do I connect with Him everyday? Do I sacrifice for God? Am I worried about what happens when I die or what I can accomplish before I die?
– In vs. 27 they are too comfortable. They are doubting because Jesus doesn’t look like they want God to look.